“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us…”

2 Corinthians 4:7

Saturday, October 29, 2011

10/28/11 IMPORTANCE OF SAINTS IN PRAYING FOR US


10/28 cblog IMPORTANCE OF SAINTS IN PRAYING FOR US; olqa 830a "Some have devotions to st jude,s saints in heaven help us..when I worked at fire dept..about to get married..I was a nominal cath..prayed to st jude, 9 days of prayer...ask the saint to unite their prayer w ours..I ask st jude..done w 9 days of prayer..go home to my parents ..my old bedroom ..a pot I made in hs ceramics class..I used to throw stuff in there...on bottom of pot a medal of st jude & a rosary..my great gfathers..saw it..I knew I wasn't sppsd to marry casey ..novenas to saints work ..saints in heaven to ask them to help us get to heaven..your children...when we go to heaven its abt love..my dad is in heaven pilling strings for me..they say the saints find us, we don't find them..what is god doing new in your life..how did I get here as a priest.invite the saints in to help. ..

 Eph 2:19-22

Brothers and sisters:
You are no longer strangers and sojourners,
but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones
and members of the household of God,
built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets,
with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.
Through him the whole structure is held together
and grows into a temple sacred in the Lord;
in him you also are being built together
into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Responsorial Psalm Ps 19:2-3, 4-5

R. (5a) Their message goes out through all the earth.
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day pours out the word to day,
and night to night imparts knowledge.
R. Their message goes out through all the earth.
Not a word nor a discourse
whose voice is not heard;
Through all the earth their voice resounds,
and to the ends of the world, their message.
R. Their message goes out through all the earth.

Lk 6:12-16

Jesus went up to the mountain to pray,
and he spent the night in prayer to God.
When day came, he called his disciples to himself,
and from them he chose Twelve, whom he also named Apostles:
Simon, whom he named Peter, and his brother Andrew,
James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew,
Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus,
Simon who was called a Zealot,
and Judas the son of James,
and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.