“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us…”

2 Corinthians 4:7

Monday, September 26, 2011

WOW ! MY CHILDHOOD TEAM, the LIONS, R SHOWING SOME PROMISE...


...for the first time in how many years ?! how many decades ? ...I was born in grand rapids, michigan in 1967 & like most michigan kids we root for our home state team ..grand rapids isn't very close to detroit (actually closer to chicago) but I still rooted for all detroit teams, including the lowly lions..and they regularly disappointed us every year without fail ...even more so the last few years..so much so that I haven't even paid attention to them for many years now, not just because I'm in los angeles instead of michigan, but B/c they are the inevitable "bad news...lions" ...I remember a few highlights..billy sims ...a brief glimpse of hope from eric hipple...but that's about all I can think of ..its been so long..and now they are off to a 3-0 start, with an overtime win v Vikings....is this the year for the Lions? is there real hope this time ? or r lions fans in for another bigtime letdown ? most lion fans are probably thinking "WHEN...?" when will the letdown begin ? that's how much (or little) faith the lions have instilled in lion fans (notice I don't say "us" b/c I am NOT a diehard lions fan..I gave up on them a LONG time ago...so I tip my hat to those who have kept even a little hope..& have actually paid to go to some of the games...here's to YOU ..I hope the LIONS give u something to cheer about more than just a few games or a few good plays this year...u deserve something better...so LET'S GO LIONS...keep your heads up & play some REAL BALL ..for an entire season..U can do DO it, if u WANT to !