“But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us…”

2 Corinthians 4:7

Friday, April 29, 2011

REMEMBERING MY GRANDMA KATHRYN SCHAAP KOK, DIED APRIL 15, 1951


...I've been working on a photo album project...and was reminded that this is the 60th anniversary of my grandma's death. She was my dad's mom, from the Kok side of the family, maiden name Schaap,, and married my grandpa gareth kok..together they had 5 kids: sherwood,jim, faith, kay, & gary ...she passed away at a young age in holland, michigan when my dad was starting college & my grandpa was a pastor at maple crc at the time ..this played a BIG role in my dad's life & his future ministry..he spent many years devoted to the topic of grief & death & dying issues in his role as pastoral counselor & director of pastoral care...I don't think he ever got over it ..